Tattoos are very popular but many people live to regret the decision to have had a tattoo in the first place. The good news is that tattoos do not need to be permanent.
Tattoo removal using methods such as cutting the tattoo out, scrubbing the tattoo off using a motorized metal brush or acid peels are a thing of the past.
Lasers now offer a better, more patient-friendly solution!
Laser tattoo removal has become the standard treatment for tattoo removal because it offers an effective alternative that is low risk, bloodless and has minimal side effects. With laser now even the most complex multi-coloured tattoos can be removed.
Some reasons for tattoo regret:
- Tattoo is an ex’s name
- You are tired of having limited clothing options
- You don’t want your children to see it
- The tattoo is limiting acceptance to jobs or military
- Your tattoo artist did poor quality work
- The tattoo has faded over time
- Your attitude towards the tattoo’s meaning has changed
At Unblemished Skin & Laser Clinic our primary concern is helping you achieve and maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
Our laser tattoo removal technicians have been trained in Tattoo Removal and hold government approved laser safety qualifications.
We’ll examine your tattoo, explore your goals (complete removal, partial removal, cover-up, etc.), provide a price quote and estimate of the number of sessions you’ll need. Large tattoos must be done in sections due to the amount of ink expelled into the system.
Your technician will then undertake a patch test to assess your reaction to the treatment. This will also allow you to get an idea of the sensation of the treatment.
Our certified tattoo removal technicians can treat the following:
- Professional tattoos
- Homemade tattoos
- Partial removal of tattoos
- Cover-up tattoos
- Lightening or fading of pre-existing tattoo before a cover-up
Disclaimer: All photographs represent one person’s experience, and results may vary for each patient. The visible change in these photographs has occurred as a result of the procedure/s undertaken. Some before and after photos shown are not exact, in that they vary in light, contrast, clothing, background, distance from camera, hairstyle and make-up.
- Avoid sun exposure (including solariums) to the treatment area for the 6 weeks leading up to the treatment. If you have fake tan on the treatment area, please scrub it off to ensure all fake tan is removed before treatment.
- Avoid any form of tanning throughout your treatment; this includes accidental sun exposure, fake tans, colour building moisturisers and the use of solariums.
- Shave the area the day before treatment if the tattoo is in a hair baring area (if necessary and if possible).
- Optional: apply a topical anaesthetic 60 minutes prior to treatment. Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and blood thinning medication before treatment.
Post Treatment Guidelines
First 24 hours:
- Use cool packs and/or soothing gel for comfort and to reduce swelling.
- Wash area gently every day (do not scrub) and after 24 hours apply a paraffin type product to keep crusty areas moist.
- Do not pick or scratch any crusting that may be present as this will dramatically increase the risk of infection and/or scarring.
- Until the redness, crusting and sloughing has healed avoid the use of scented lotions, soaps and exfoliants.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing and shaving
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or spas.
- Apply cold pack as needed, usually 5-10 minutes every 1-2 hours is sufficient.
- Rest, avoid excess physical activity. Limit exercise, avoid steam rooms, saunas or swimming. Avoid pedicures.
- Elevate the treated area if mild swelling present.
- Avoid sun exposure including tanning beds.
- It is important to use your recommended cream twice daily.
After 24 hours and until healed:
- All activities may be resumed except swimming, steam rooms, saunas. Avoid pedicures.
- Do not pop or pick any scabs or blisters or you may risk infection and scarring.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds during healing process between treatments.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person.
Our prices are highly competitive – Contact us for more details today!